anaphylaxis

‘I dipped a breadstick in peanut butter and let Jake give it a lick. Minutes later, his tongue was hanging. His whole face and lips were so swollen, I could barely recognize him.’: Mom raises food allergy awareness after nearly losing son

“Terrified, I just kept asking, ‘Is he getting worse?’ I got the one word I feared the most: ‘Yes.’ All the numbers on his monitors were going crazy. I kept looking at them, then back at my little boy, who was barely recognizable. He was projectile vomiting everywhere; his little body was struggling.”

‘Call 911! Grab the Epi!’ Her lips were blue, she was white as a ghost.’: Mom recalls dramatic moments daughter has allergic reaction to foods, urges ‘she deserves to not feel like a burden’

“There was signs everywhere stating, ‘Nut-Free facility.’ It was truly dreamy, until I watched a little girl approach us while eating a JIF peanut butter bar. I could have died right then. I notified the employee. He told the little girl’s mom, ‘This is a nut free facility.’ The mom did not care. Brynlee began breaking out in hives. Then she started vomiting. ‘If you waited any longer, she wouldn’t have survived.'”

‘I smashed my head on the glass coffee table and woke up with no idea what month it was. In tears, my mom called the geneticist. If I wanted to keep living, I NEEDED a service dog.’ Woman recalls how dog has saved her life ‘countless times’

“The last thing I remember was yelling for my mom. She raced up the stairs, only to be shocked. My tiny puppy had grabbed onto my sweater and was pulling with all of his might in the opposite direction to keep me from falling off the toilet and getting yet another concussion. If you talk to any dog mom they’ll tell you their dog is their world, but my dog GAVE me my world.”

 Share  Tweet