button battery

‘Reese was snotty, stuffy, and not her usual self. The following day, we noticed a button battery missing in our home.’: Bereaved mom starts non-profit after losing daughter to ingested battery

“The reality of Reese being gone crashed over me when it was time to call my husband. His words and voice are etched in my mind forever: ‘No, no, no. It can’t be.’ And then came the wailing. I held her, one last time, praying it wasn’t real. If it was possible, I would have held on forever.”

‘Quarter, momma!’ My husband was grilling when our son knocked on the glass door screaming.’: Mom warns of button batteries in household after 20-month-old battles for his life

“My husband jumped up, immediately opening the door. But just as fast as my husband acted, so did my son. He ran away, swallowing what appeared to be a nickel. In a split second, our night changed. He was crying, screaming, ‘Quarter, momma!’ He then begins to gag and vomit intermittently, telling me it has not passed through his throat. It has felt like a lifetime without his hugs, kisses, and hearing his sweet voice.”

For our best love stories, subscribe to our free email newsletter: