choking hazard

‘She’s fine!’ I begged the doctors to check for popcorn in her lungs. ‘There’s no point.’ It was too late.’: 3-year-old girl nearly dies after ‘aspirating’ on popcorn, ‘advocate for your child, you know best’

“I didn’t think twice about giving my 3-year-old popcorn. She was happily sitting on the chair when her wheeze started to get worse. We took her to the ER. She was struggling to breathe. After repeat visits, the doctor was frustrated. He assured me if it was the popcorn, it wouldn’t be dangerous. I put all my trust in what they were telling me. After all, how could so many doctors get it wrong? I ignored my gut.”

‘She was hunched over in the tub. I ran with my naked, wet daughter. One more pound on her back, the toy flew out.’: Mom hopes you read her plea for CPR training ‘with a racing heart’

“I heard a noise from the bathroom where my daughter had been happily singing the ABC song, and had just shouted to me, ‘I almost done cleaning up, Mama.’ I had left her in the empty bathtub to clean up her toys. Actions we’ve done a million times before. Something did not register right in the noise. Loud is always a good sign with kids. Quiet is not.”

For our best love stories, subscribe to our free email newsletter: