choking

‘My husband was grilling when our son knocked on the glass door crying and screaming, ‘Quarter, momma!’: Mom warns of button batteries in household after 20-month-old battles for his life

“My husband jumped up, immediately opening the door. But just as fast as my husband acted, so did my son. He ran away, swallowing what appeared to be a nickel. In a split second, our night changed. He was crying, screaming, ‘Quarter, momma!’ He then begins to gag and vomit intermittently, telling me it has not passed through his throat. It has felt like a lifetime without his hugs, kisses, and hearing his sweet voice.”

‘Pack your stuff and leave him.’ I should have never said this. She fled 300 miles from her abuser and never made it home.’: Mom raises awareness about domestic violence after losing daughter

“My poor baby was found with finger marks around her throat. Her phone was factory reset. The apartment smelled of bleach and ALL her clothes were washed. He tried to hide her laptop and stole personal items. Yet, he was only charged with drug trafficking. And here we are, living a life sentence without our girl.”

‘Come on, you’ll be fine. Your friends did it.’ She gave in, inhaled helium. Mid-laugh, she collapsed.’: 14-year-old girl dies of helium inhalation, ‘my life will never be the same’

“‘Mom, can I go to a slumber party?’ It was 5 minutes away. Of course, we said yes. ‘Be careful. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.’ The mother of the birthday girl became ill, so she asked her daughter to host. Instead, she took our kids to the liquor stoor, brought 30-year-old men in the house. A helium tank was brought out. My daughter kept pulling her head away. The man insisted it wouldn’t hurt. Nobody saw it coming.”

‘My heart hammering, I answered the phone. ‘It’s very serious, there’s no cure yet.’ This disease takes everything.’: Mom raises awareness about Childhood Alzheimer’s after 18-month-old diagnosed

“‘Is this a good time to talk?’ With those words, I knew it was something awful. As my daughter was giggling, bursting with love in the next room, I was learning she wouldn’t be growing up at all. I didn’t know diseases like this even existed, not to mention strike children, our child.”

‘She’s fine!’ I begged the doctors to check for popcorn in her lungs. ‘There’s no point.’ It was too late.’: 3-year-old girl nearly dies after ‘aspirating’ on popcorn, ‘advocate for your child, you know best’

“I didn’t think twice about giving my 3-year-old popcorn. She was happily sitting on the chair when her wheeze started to get worse. We took her to the ER. She was struggling to breathe. After repeat visits, the doctor was frustrated. He assured me if it was the popcorn, it wouldn’t be dangerous. I put all my trust in what they were telling me. After all, how could so many doctors get it wrong? I ignored my gut.”

‘Nash started choking on popcorn. The next day he had a weird cough. He felt warm and was super fussy.’: Mom warns about giving popcorn to toddlers after ‘eye-opening’ aspirating accident

“Last Saturday night we were all watching a movie and eating popcorn, which is a very frequent event in our home. After a long night, my son’s breathing looked a little labored to me and he had a fever. I gave him Motrin and put him to bed. I called my pediatrician. ‘Nash needs to be seen ASAP.’ Thank goodness I trusted my instincts.”

 Share  Tweet