lung

‘She’s fine!’ I begged the doctors to check for popcorn in her lungs. ‘There’s no point.’ It was too late.’: 3-year-old girl nearly dies after ‘aspirating’ on popcorn, ‘advocate for your child, you know best’

“I didn’t think twice about giving my 3-year-old popcorn. She was happily sitting on the chair when her wheeze started to get worse. We took her to the ER. She was struggling to breathe. After repeat visits, the doctor was frustrated. He assured me if it was the popcorn, it wouldn’t be dangerous. I put all my trust in what they were telling me. After all, how could so many doctors get it wrong? I ignored my gut.”

 Share  Tweet