“Life as I knew it ended with the prick of a needle. I was a successful businesswoman, living a normal life. I paid my bills, owned a home, and did the right things. But at the age of 34, I made a choice that changed my life forever. My single lapse in judgement separated me from my son, annihilated my morals, and almost killed me.”
“My mom kept calling me. I ignored her. Next thing I know, I’m waking up to paramedics in my face. I overdosed. If my mom had gotten home 5 minutes later, it would’ve been too late. I would’ve been gone. Something told her she needed to walk home from work the very moment I didn’t answer her calls. Someone was looking out for me.”
“I’ve never seen a piece of needle that’s broken off and left in someone’s spine. Never seen it. Never heard of it. It’s outrageous,” her attorney said.