popcorn

‘She’s fine!’ I begged the doctors to check for popcorn in her lungs. ‘There’s no point.’ It was too late.’: 3-year-old girl nearly dies after ‘aspirating’ on popcorn, ‘advocate for your child, you know best’

“I didn’t think twice about giving my 3-year-old popcorn. She was happily sitting on the chair when her wheeze started to get worse. We took her to the ER. She was struggling to breathe. After repeat visits, the doctor was frustrated. He assured me if it was the popcorn, it wouldn’t be dangerous. I put all my trust in what they were telling me. After all, how could so many doctors get it wrong? I ignored my gut.”

‘Nash started choking on popcorn. The next day he had a weird cough. He felt warm and was super fussy.’: Mom warns about giving popcorn to toddlers after ‘eye-opening’ aspirating accident

“Last Saturday night we were all watching a movie and eating popcorn, which is a very frequent event in our home. After a long night, my son’s breathing looked a little labored to me and he had a fever. I gave him Motrin and put him to bed. I called my pediatrician. ‘Nash needs to be seen ASAP.’ Thank goodness I trusted my instincts.”

For our best love stories, subscribe to our free email newsletter: