PSA

‘Reese was snotty, stuffy, and not her usual self. The following day, we noticed a button battery missing in our home.’: Bereaved mom starts non-profit after losing daughter to ingested battery

“The reality of Reese being gone crashed over me when it was time to call my husband. His words and voice are etched in my mind forever: ‘No, no, no. It can’t be.’ And then came the wailing. I held her, one last time, praying it wasn’t real. If it was possible, I would have held on forever.”

‘I dipped a breadstick in peanut butter and let Jake give it a lick. Minutes later, his tongue was hanging. His whole face and lips were so swollen, I could barely recognize him.’: Mom raises food allergy awareness after nearly losing son

“Terrified, I just kept asking, ‘Is he getting worse?’ I got the one word I feared the most: ‘Yes.’ All the numbers on his monitors were going crazy. I kept looking at them, then back at my little boy, who was barely recognizable. He was projectile vomiting everywhere; his little body was struggling.”

 Share  Tweet