wheeze

‘I didn’t think twice about giving my 3-year-old popcorn. She was happily sitting when she began to cough and choke. Soon, she was wheezing. I knew this wasn’t normal. I should’ve trusted my gut.’

“I should’ve called an ambulance. I didn’t realize the seriousness of it. A few days went on and she had a terrible wheeze and was struggling to breathe. She couldn’t run, swim, or play. The doctor was frustrated with me and assured me if it was the popcorn, it wouldn’t be dangerous. Ignored my instincts.”

 Share  Tweet