There’s nothing like putting up the Christmas tree to get the whole family in the holiday spirit.
Unfortunately, certain furry family members seem determined to dismantle our mantels, along with everything else we attempt to decorate! Indoor pets simply don’t understand why their humans have dragged a giant tree into the house, and it shows. Thankfully, there are a few tried-and-true techniques designed to protect the tree from even the most ferocious critters.
1. Baby gates aren’t just for babies, you know.
2. Introducing the magical hovering Christmas tree! (Don’t worry, no husbands were injured while balancing on a ladder to put this thing up.)
3. Who says you need a “real” tree, anyway?
4. Or an evergreen, for that matter?
5. This tree is so sly, the cat doesn’t even seem to know it’s there.
6. Of course we put the Christmas tree on top of the fridge. Where else would we put it?
7. It’s not the prettiest, but it will do.
8. Go ahead, try to touch it. We dare you.
9. Which end is up? Does it matter?
10. Nothing’s getting in there… not even Santa.
11. Forget tinsel! This year’s tree calls for duct tape, and lots of it.
12. Wait, is this a before or an after picture?
13. It may be tiny, but it’s pretty darn adorable.
14. If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em.
15. When all else fails, just admire the beauty from afar!
These naughty animals do make things challenging, but their parents wouldn’t have it any other way! Every time they cuddle up to us on the couch or flop over for belly rubs, we instantly forget how obnoxious they are around the holiday decorations. They’re worth the extra work!
This story originally appeared on InspireMore. Submit your own story to Love What Matters here, and be sure to subscribe to our free email newsletter for our best stories, and YouTube for our best videos.
Read more stories here:
Help us spread smiles. SHARE this beautiful story on Facebook with your friends and family.