“At 5:40 p.m. this afternoon, High Springs Firefighters responded to a Life Alert alarm activation. Upon arrival, firefighters found that the activation was accidental and there was no medical emergency. But there was one problem our guys noticed…
You see, this member of ‘The Greatest Generation’ lives alone and receives meals from the Meals on Wheels program, many of them frozen. That problem we noticed? Her microwave doesn’t work.
After learning this, the crew of Squad 29 reported directly to Lowe’s Home Improvement and purchased this young lady a new microwave, promptly returned to her residence, installed it, and cooked her dinner.
In Small Town USA, neighbors help neighbors.
*Disclaimer: Firefighter/Paramedic Hope is engaged. Sorry ladies! “
This story was written by the High Springs Fire Department of Florida . The article originally appeared on their Facebook page here. Submit your story here, and be sure to subscribe to our best love stories here.
Help us show compassion is contagious. SHARE this story on Facebook with your friends and family.