Hero Marine catches 11-month-old baby thrown from a burning building

More Stories like:

Look for the helpers. After a fire quickly tore through an apartment complex in Anderson, South Carolina, an 11-month-old boy was thrown out of a second-story window and into the arms of a waiting neighbor below.

The mother, who was trapped on the second floor, dropped her child to a stranger, then jumped out the window to safety. Both mom and the 11-month old are safe.

The neighbor, identified as a Marine, has said he does not want praise or attention.

“He said he just did what he had to do,” according to Anderson Assistant Fire Chief Michael Guest.

The fire was reportedly started by unattended cooking in one of the neighbor units.

The hero Marine has said he wants to remain anonymous at this time.

Help us show compassion is contagious. SHARE this beautiful story on Facebook with your friends and family.

For our best love stories, subscribe to our free email newsletter: